Saturday 12 March 2011

Choosing The Right Font

I want to keep the original logo very much original, I just want to apply more and do what I can to enhance it through the means of color and visual attitude and the influences it achieves.

By doing this I need to make the industry I’m trying to promote very clear and show the same company brings it. But before adding the original logo I need to come up with a new and unique concept to outline the industry and then mix it up with the companies aesthetics.

So I will spend a lengthy amount of time and start choosing the perfect font that will show the attitude and personality of my new industry logo. (Hopefully something that may contrast with the company logo):


 















(Current Company Logo)


Some… Time… Later…


Here are a few fonts I have chosen out of a large amount that was narrowed down to the last five then last three and etc. These are the few that I believe are capable of representing the industry for my new logo:


 















In Ways Of Seeing by John Berger, he quotes Seeing comes before words. The child looks and recognizes before it can speak.”

Here I can relate on how John Berger explains and relates to the scientific theory that light travels before sound in other words you examine and watch before you can describe in words and say how you feel about a piece or art.

TASK 1: Spend three minutes looking at this font and carefully consider its features









________________________________________________

TASK 2: Think of five positive words to describe this font
________________________________________________

Here I have chosen the font Special Type because I feel and believe it can strike audiences well when they first take a look at it.

When I first took a long glance at this font I thought it was very striking, something unique, active, and even elegant.

Also this font doesn’t hold any restrictions and is free to use for either personal or corporate use.

1 comment:

  1. Can I suggest that you need to do some proper research into typography and how its form can be used to communicate something about the words or identity you wish it to carry. Here are some books for you to read...

    Bierut, Drenttel, Heller & Holland; Looking Closer – critical writings on graphic design; Allwork Press
    Bierut, Drenttel, Heller & Holland; Looking Closer Two – critical writings on graphic design; Allwork Press
    Bierut, Helfand, Heller & Poyner; Looking Closer Three – classic writings on graphic design; Allwork Press
    Dormer.P; Design Since 1945; Thames & Hudson
    Dormer.P; The Meanings of Modern Design; Thames & Hudson
    Hebdige.D; Hiding in the Light; Routledge
    Kress & van Leeuwen; Reading Images – the grammar of visual design; Routledge
    Olins.W; Corporate Identity; Thames & Hudson
    Southgate.P; Total Branding by Design; Kogan Page
    Wolff & Olins; The New Guide to Identity; The Design Council/Gower

    ReplyDelete