Monday 11 April 2011

Interesting Page from Visual Diary




Here is a page from my Visual Diary which I thought was a very interesting concept brought into the form of sketches, or art. 


Here I am referring to the Hypodermic Needle model which is a theory based on audiences becoming more and more of a passive audience than an active one. They are being injected with a huge chunk of information from their Television sets whether its promos advertisements or drama series, which stirs the viewers and controls them into believing whatever they watch this is where advertisers then show advertisements for viewers to follow and obey.


I wanted to somehow include a short or something small in my logo to show moral support or even a hidden message of my own, but then I came to realising, if I include something like that then I'm actually no better than the advertisers and would be sort of controlling audiences in a different favour, and I definitely don't want this which is why I have decided not to include or make a hidden message in my logo.


REFERENCE: Visual Diary, BBC Panorama programme: "Is TV Bad for Kids", Preston College TV Case Study

1 comment:

  1. Some academics question the validity of the hypodermic model of communications, arguing that it is too simplistic.

    ReplyDelete