Sunday 10 April 2011

Malevich's Black Square





So I have in a way used Malevich's Black Square in my earlier posts describing it more as an intriguing background for my logo, but the way I created this image shows a whole lot of abstraction through the conventions of Visual Literacy. 


Patrick Allen on his Visual Blog makes a very valid point how painters like Malevich were compelled to find other means just by limiting representational painting, which fits perfect sense as to this could purely be the beginning of first abstraction.


I can only relate to my version of this painting in my earlier post where I signify what the colour black may indicate and symbolise as opposed to the different stereotypical conventions of meaning as black does not always have to signify no life, complete dead or even serious. Black can also convey itself upon to be mysterious and also sophisticated. 
I think I have used this colour for the right sense of abstraction which I choose to include in my logo that may possess the necessary requirements as to what a logo should look like and how it affects a company's abilities.


REFERENCE: Visual Communication Lecture 3/ Patrick Allen's Visual Blog 

No comments:

Post a Comment